We are committed to protecting the privacy of your data. This Privacy
Policy explains more specifically what information CERTISIO collects
and receives from Account Holders and End Users (“you”) through
CERTISIO’s websites and applications, which we refer to collectively as
Please note, if you use CERTISIO Freemium, you are both the Account Holder and End User of the Service. If you use CERTISIO Corporate, the Account Holder is the Customer who has contracted with CERTISIO and the End Users are the individuals whose user accounts are linked to that CERTISIO Corporate account.
This policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time. We’ll notify you if we make a significant change and, where required, seek your consent.
Glossary of terms
- Account Holder means the person or entity who has contracted with CERTISIO as either an individual or Corporate user as defined in our CERTISIO Contract.
- Content means the pictures, videos and other data you choose to input, upload, and store in CERTISIO.
- End User means the individual who uses an account on the CERTISIO Service.
CERTISIO Service means the CERTISIO Application (as defined below) and other products, services and websites hosted or made available by CERTISIO, including our downloadable applications.
- Paid Service means CERTISIO Corporate and any other CERTISIO offering for which we collect payment.
1. What information does CERTISIO collect and receive?
You can input, upload, or store in CERTISIO any pictures and videos that you choose (designated as “Content”). We also collect and receive the following types of information :
- Basic subscriber information. To open your account and process payments, we collect and receive basic information like your email address and, depending on how you purchase a subscription to the CERTISIO Service (each a “Paid Service”), your billing address and other payment information.
- Location information. We collect the IP address you use to connect to the Service. This helps us localize the Service for you.
- Device information. We collect information about the number and type of devices you use to connect to the Service, as well as information about the operating systems on those devices (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows) to ensure the Service works as expected for you.
- We also may link your subscriber information with data we receive from our partners and other third parties. For example, if you create or log into a CERTISIO account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.
2. How does CERTISIO use my informationS ?
We have specific rules for how and when we use the information we collect and receive. We describe these below.
2.1. What does CERTISIO do with my informations ?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. Below, we describe the ways in which we use the information we collect and receive.
- To provide troubleshooting and customer support, our Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and information about the CERTISIO application you are using.
- As part of our efforts to protect your account and the functionality of the Service, our systems may analyze the contents you share to detect spam, malware, or other potential security concerns. If we determine that such material constitutes a Terms of Service or User Guidelines violation, we may block delivery of or unshare the problematic material.
- If you are an End User of a CERTISIO Corporate account, please note that the Account Holder of your CERTISIO Corporate account (such as your employer or organization) may have established its own rules regarding End Users’ access, use, disclosure, or retention of data stored in that account. Also note that while an Administrator of a CERTISIO Corporate account has access to the End User accounts linked to that CERTISIO Corporate account, an Administrator cannot access an End User’s personal CERTISIO account.
2.2. Would someone at CERTISIO ever view my Content ?
We limit the use of your Content to make sure that no one at CERTISIO can view it or it’s necessary to comply with our legal obligations. Specifically :
- To help refine or improve the technology, we may ask you for permission to review portions of your Content. Such access to your Content is done only with your express permission and is subject to strict confidentiality rules and data access controls. Choosing to give us such permission is completely voluntary. If you contact our Customer Support team for help with specific pieces of Content in your account (for example, if you can’t find a content you believe should be in your account), we may ask for your temporary permission to look at your Content. This permission terminates when the issue is resolved.
- If we become aware of a potential violation of our Terms of Service, we may suspend or close your account until the problematic material is removed. Under such a circumstance, we would only look at the Content in your account if you give us consent or if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to protect the safety of you or any other person.
- To test and improve our product offerings for our users, we use aggregated data that does not contain any personal information, does not identify any person, and cannot be connected to any specific user. This policy is not intended to apply to such anonymized/de-identified data.
3. How does CERTISIO share or disclose my information ?
CERTISIO is not in the business of selling or renting your information. Here are instances when we may disclose your information — and then only the minimum information necessary :
- We do not share your information with any third parties for their own advertising purposes.
Your Content is private unless you decide you want to share it.
- In the event of a merger, sale, or reorganization of all or part of our business, information covered by this policy may be transferred in connection with that deal.
4. How does CERTISIO respond to legal requests for my information?
We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account. We will notify you if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s legal demand for your information. In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information as necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service, or as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
5. How can I manage my information stored in CERTISIO ?
Consistent with our first law of data protection—your data is yours—in most cases, you can manage your information simply by logging into your account and editing your information directly within the CERTISIO service.
However, if you prefer, you can contact us using our contact pageto ask us to provide access to, correct, update, or delete your personal information. Please note that we may ask you for proof of account ownership and/or identity before fulfilling your request.
5.1 What happens if I want to stop using CERTISIO ?
You can delete your Content at any time, and you can stop using the
CERTISIO service at any time. You must notice that CERTISIO doesn’t
offer an automated process to export your data.
If you delete your Content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service. The CERTISIO service’s back-up systems may retain residual copies of your deleted Content for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
5.2 What happens if CERTISIO closes my account ?
If CERTISIO deactivates your account due to a TOS violation, then you may contact us to request deletion of your Content, and we will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
6. Where does CERTISIO store my information?
When you use CERTISIO Service on your device, some of your data is
stored locally on that device and it is replicated on servers maintained
in France. This means that your personal information will be
transmitted to, hosted, and accessed in France.
7. How can I contact CERTISIO ?