We are committed to protecting the privacy of your data. This Privacy
Policy explains more specifically what information CERTISIO collects
and receives from Account Holders and End Users (“you”) through
CERTISIO’s websites and applications, which we refer to collectively as
Please note, if you use CERTISIO Freemium, you are both the Account Holder and End User of the Service. If you use CERTISIO Corporate, the Account Holder is the Customer who has contracted with CERTISIO and the End Users are the individuals whose user accounts are linked to that CERTISIO Corporate account.
This policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time. We’ll notify you if we make a significant change and, where required, seek your consent.
Glossary of terms
- Account Holder means the person or entity who has contracted with CERTISIO as either an individual or Corporate user as defined in our CERTISIO Contract.
- Content means the pictures, videos and other data you choose to input, upload, and store in CERTISIO.
- End User means the individual who uses an account on the CERTISIO Service.
CERTISIO Service means the CERTISIO Application (as defined below) and other products, services and websites hosted or made available by CERTISIO, including our downloadable applications.
- Paid Service means CERTISIO Corporate and any other CERTISIO offering for which we collect payment.
1. What information does CERTISIO collect and receive?
You can input, upload, or store in CERTISIO any pictures and videos that you choose (designated as “Content”). We also collect and receive the following types of information :
- Basic subscriber information. To open your account and process payments, we collect and receive basic information like your email address and, depending on how you purchase a subscription to the CERTISIO Service (each a “Paid Service”), your billing address and other payment information.
- Location information. We collect the IP address you use to connect to the Service. This helps us localize the Service for you.
- Device information. We collect information about the number and type of devices you use to connect to the Service, as well as information about the operating systems on those devices (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows) to ensure the Service works as expected for you.
- We also may link your subscriber information with data we receive from our partners and other third parties. For example, if you create or log into a CERTISIO account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.
- Certisio builds certificat container (pdf) with data the final end-user sends to the server when requesting certificate. The final end-user receives in few minutes after the certificate with his/her personal data. No data are kept in our server or partners facilities. According the plan the certificate remain available for a limited duration (7 days up to 30 days) then is definitively delete from the server.
2. How does CERTISIO use my informationS ?
We have specific rules for how and when we use the information we collect and receive. We describe these below. Certisio limits the data requested to be used within the certificate. Except the email address, Certisio don’t verify lastname, firstname, company or phone. They are the responsability of the end-user given when registring. We suggest to give reliable information to be inserted into the certificate (pdf). Those information participate in the definition of the proof
2.1. What does CERTISIO do with my informations ?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. Below, we describe the ways in which we use the information we collect and receive.
- To provide troubleshooting and customer support, our Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and information about the CERTISIO application you are using.
- As part of our efforts to protect your account and the functionality of the Service, our systems may analyze the contents you share to detect spam, malware, or other potential security concerns. If we determine that such material constitutes a Terms of Service or User Guidelines violation, we may block delivery of or unshare the problematic material.
- If you are an End User of a CERTISIO Corporate account, please note that the Account Holder of your CERTISIO Corporate account (such as your employer or organization) may have established its own rules regarding End Users’ access, use, disclosure, or retention of data stored in that account. Also note that while an Administrator of a CERTISIO Corporate account has access to the End User accounts linked to that CERTISIO Corporate account, an Administrator cannot access an End User’s personal CERTISIO account.
2.2. Would someone at CERTISIO ever view my Content ?
We limit the use of your Content to make sure that no one at CERTISIO can view it or it’s necessary to comply with our legal obligations. Specifically :
- To help refine or improve the technology, we may ask you for permission to review portions of your Content. Such access to your Content is done only with your express permission and is subject to strict confidentiality rules and data access controls. Choosing to give us such permission is completely voluntary. If you contact our Customer Support team for help with specific pieces of Content in your account (for example, if you can’t find a content you believe should be in your account), we may ask for your temporary permission to look at your Content. This permission terminates when the issue is resolved.
- If we become aware of a potential violation of our Terms of Service, we may suspend or close your account until the problematic material is removed. Under such a circumstance, we would only look at the Content in your account if you give us consent or if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to protect the safety of you or any other person.
- To test and improve our product offerings for our users, we use aggregated data that does not contain any personal information, does not identify any person, and cannot be connected to any specific user. This policy is not intended to apply to such anonymized/de-identified data.
3. How does CERTISIO share or disclose my information ?
CERTISIO is not in the business of selling or renting your information. Here are instances when we may disclose your information — and then only the minimum information necessary :
- We do not share your information with any third parties for their own advertising purposes.
Your Content is private unless you decide you want to share it.
- In the event of a merger, sale, or reorganization of all or part of our business, information covered by this policy may be transferred in connection with that deal.
4. How does CERTISIO respond to legal requests for my information?
We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account. We will notify you if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s legal demand for your information. In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information as necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service, or as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
5. How can I manage my information stored in CERTISIO ?
Consistent with our first law of data protection—your data is yours—in most cases, you can manage your information simply by logging into your account and editing your information directly within the CERTISIO service.
However, if you prefer, you can contact us using our contact page to ask us to provide access to, correct, update, or delete your personal information. Please note that we may ask you for proof of account ownership and/or identity before fulfilling your request.
5.1 What happens if I want to stop using CERTISIO ?
You can delete your Content at any time, and you can stop using the
CERTISIO service at any time. You must notice that CERTISIO doesn’t
offer an automated process to export your data.
If you delete your Content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service. The CERTISIO service’s back-up systems may retain residual copies of your deleted Content for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
5.2 What happens if CERTISIO closes my account ?
If CERTISIO deactivates your account due to a TOS violation, then you may contact us to request deletion of your Content, and we will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
6. Where does CERTISIO store my information?
When you use CERTISIO Service on your smartphone device, some of your data is stored locally on that device and it is replicated on servers maintained in France. This means that your personal information will be transmitted to, hosted, and accessed in France.
7. Directives applicable to users
CERTISIO respects intellectual property rights and expect you to do the same. We have implemented some basic rules you shall follow when using the Service in order to guarantee that CERTISIO can continue to be appreciated by everybody. Please follow these rules and encourage others to do likewise.
What follows is not authorised, for whatever reason:
- Retroengineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivated works based on CERTISIO Service, Content or any part of it, unless authorised by law;
- circumvent any technology used by CERTISIO, or any third party, to protect the Service;
- sell, rent, sublicense or lease any part of CERTISIO Service;
- integrate and/or run in a software all or part of the Services or its code or API CERTISIO mobiles through a third party mobile application or outside the mobile
- circumvent any territorial restriction applied to CERTISIO or its licensees.
You shall respect CERTISIO and other users of CERTISIO service. Don’t engage in an activity or don’t subscribe and/or don’t use a username which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, libellous, pornographic, threatening or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of whatever nature, including without limitation violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or CERTISIO or third party exclusive rights;
- includes your password or includes intentionally third parties data or is aimed at requesting these personal data;
- includes malicious content, such as a malware, Trojans or viruses, or interferes in any other way with access of any user to the Service;
- implies the transmission of unsolicited mass e-mails or other forms of spam (“spam”), unsolicited mails, chain letters or otherwise, including through CERTISIO inbox or storage space;
- implies commercial or sale activities such as advertising, promotions, contests, lotteries or pyramidal systems which are not expressly authorised by CERTISIO;
- interferes with or intends to probe, scan or test Service vulnerabilities or computer systems, network, CERTISIO use rules or any security component, authentication measures or other protection measures of CERTISIO which applies to the Service, the Content or to any part of the latter;
- is in conflict with the Contracts, as determined by CERTISIO;
- is prejudicial to third parties because of the content (photo/video) created and processed with CERTISIO or because of the lack of authorisation from implied persons in the content.
You acknowledge and agree that non-compliance of these directives may result in your CERTISIO account being immediately terminated or suspended. You also agree that CERTISIO may also take back your username, for whatever reason.
Your password protects your user account and you are responsible for maintaining its confidentiality and its security. You understand that you are responsible for any use of your username and of your password on the Service, except when their fraudulent use can be demonstrated. If our username or password is stolen or lost, or if you think your account was subject to unauthorized access from third parties, please let us know immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
You recognise that changes made by the user on the Acrobat format (pdf) certificate document are performed under your sole responsibility and cancel consequently the integrity of the document, its content and its value.
You alone are responsible for your behaviour and for all images, photos, videos, profiles and other contents or supports (hereinafter designated as “Content”) that you place on the Service or through it..
8. Service limitations and modifications
CERTISIO endeavours to provide an effective and quality Service. However, you are informed that the Service may be temporarily interrupted due to (1) planned support and maintenance operations for which you will be informed ahead and which aim at amending, modifying and/or enhancing characteristics and features of the Service in your best interest and/or (2) unplanned technical issues or disorders for which you cannot be forewarned, by design.
In such circumstances, CERTISIO will strive to reinstate the Service within 48 hours following its interruption. CERTISIO can under no way be held responsible for these interruptions, including for those resulting from your own acts, from unforeseeable and overwhelming facts from third party and/or cases of force majeure.
Major patches and evolutions of the mobile application require downloading an update. They will be notified to the user inviting him to download the new version.
9. Customers support
We will use reasonable efforts to meet all customer support requests within a reasonable time, but we give no guaranty of any kind that customer support requests will receive an answer within a specific deadline and/or that we will be able to answer these requests in a satisfactory manner.
Paid subscriptions can be directly acquired through CERTISIO either (1) by paying monthly subscription charges, either (2) by prepaying access to CERTISIO service for a specific period (“Prepaid period”).
Your payment to CERTISIO will be automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period unless you cancel your paid subscription on your Subscription page before the end of the on-going subscription period. Cancellation will be enforced the day following last day of on-going subscription period and you will be downgraded to free Service. However, if you cancel your payment or your paid subscription before the end of the on-going subscription period, we will not refund already paid subscription fees.
CERTISIO may from time to time modify paid subscriptions price, prepaid period (for unpaid periods) and inform you of any pricing modification in advance and, where appropriate, how to accept these changes. Paid subscriptions pricing modifications will be effective for the subscription period following pricing modification date. In line with what is authorised by law, if you continue to use CERTISIO service once the pricing modification is effective, you accept the new pricing. If you don’t accept pricing modifications, you have the right to refuse modification by unsubscribing to CERTISIO service before the pricing modification is effective. Hence, make sure you read carefully these pricing modifications.
11. Duration and termination
Contracts will remain in force until their termination, on your initiative or on CERTISIO’s.
You may terminate the Contracts at any time without any reason. In such a case, you won’t get a refund for the remaining paid period. CERTISIO may at any time terminate the Contracts or suspend your access to CERTISIO Service without previous notice and without delay in case of gross misconduct from your side, in particular if you break applicable laws. You can also terminate the Contracts without previous notice and without delay in case of (i) gross misconduct from CERTISIO and (ii) substantial change of the Contracts in compliance with article 2.
When Contracts are terminated because of gross misconduct from CERTISIO or of a substantial change of the Contracts, CERTISIO will stop invoicing you as of the date of termination of the Contracts and will reimburse you all prepaid costs for period following termination. Should you have been invoiced for the current month, you will be refund on a pro rata basis.
12. Contract integrity
Subject to what is stated in this section, or as explicitly written between you and CERTISIO, the Contract forms all general terms agreed between you and CERTISIO.
13. Divisibility and waiver
Unless contrary provision in the Contracts, if a Contracts’ provision is considered invalid or inapplicable for whatever reason, this invalidity or inapplicability will not affect in any way nor make invalid nor inapplicable remaining provisions of the Contracts. This provision will be enforced in so far as authorised by law. However this article will not apply if concerned provision of the Contracts relates to an essential obligation.
Any inability of CERTISIO to enforce the Contracts or any provision of the latter shall not be considered a waiver from CERTISIO or form beneficiary third party to do it.
CERTISIO may divest the Contracts or any part of them and CERTISIO may delegate any of its obligations regarding the Contract. You cannot divest the Contracts nor any part of them, nor transfer nor sublicense your rights under the Contracts to any third party.
To the largest extent authorised by applicable law, you agree to compensate CERTISIO and to clear it against all damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including reasonable law fees) arising from: (1) your breach of the Contract, (2) any activity you engage in through CERTISIO Service and (3) your breach of any law or third party rights
16. Applicable law /Jurisdiction
Contracts (along with any dispute/ non contractual complaint resulting from or in relation with them) are ruled by below referenced country law. Furthermore, you and CERTISIO agree to be placed under French courts to solve any dispute, complaint or disagreement in relation with the Contracts (and any dispute/contractual complaint caused directly or indirectly by them).
17. How can I contact CERTISIO ?