We give here an example with rooms renting but this advice could be useful in other usecase such as Post-Loss Damage Assessment and Recovery process, car damages,
In general, it is strongly recommended to use your own mobile APP to take certified photos. Mobile APP’s third party should provide strong evidence and backed up arguments. Hotels, providers, renting platform or any intermediaries have their own APP. They hold and keep all data, including photos/video by their own side. Any change, modification, or deletion will let you alone without characterized evidence or arguments which proved you right. Without those facts, this situation will shorten the process and penalize you.
What kind of information to build, save and share?
The trusted information process is a chain. An isolated information is useless and worthless. A customer should bring :
- genuine digital photos (timestamp in a public and independant blockchain and hash of the genuine photo). Since the hash of the photo taken by certisio APP is sent immediatly to the blockchain
- Signed PDF certificate generated few minutes only after the shoots
- Context of the shoots: the user should take as many photos as possible from the neighbourhood (frames, positions, peoples, relevant items, objects, weather, consecutive actions, etc.). This will strenthen the information captured and the arguments of facts.
Examples of disputes
In this case :
- check-out. State of the room before leaving
- Conditions of neighbourhood
- no compliance with the original features of the services
- Objects broken
- TV service failures
- Waiting time before check-in
The police tries to argue on the genuine photos taken during an offense.
” Police insisted the photo was genuine, and several experts said that the date might have been entered incorrectly in the camera’s clock. Experts could not explain why the time-stamp would read differently from the date in the camera’s clock.”